The Session has adopted a working plan to begin the re-opening of our facility. We appreciate your understanding and patience during these uncertain times for all of us. The guidelines below recognize that we are a community rooted in love, and our responsibility is to care for all and protect the most vulnerable.
We are using the phrase “For the Foreseeable Future” to give the time we are in some framing without a specific end date. The use of an open-ended timeline recognizes the unpredictable nature of the pandemic and gives us the flexibility needed at this time. Each month, or as needed, these guidelines will be reviewed.
Our guidelines for the Foreseeable Future are:
- Beginning Sunday, September 12th, masks are required for all indoor activities.
- In-person worship will continue in the Sanctuary at 10:30am through September 5th.
These services will also be live-streamed for those unable to attend. Starting September 12th, the Modern Service will be held at 9:00 am in the Sanctuary, and the Traditional Service will be at 10:30 am in the Sanctuary.
- On-site indoor programming is limited to groups of 10 people. Group and committee
leaders have been contacted on an individual basis and advised of the procedures for
scheduling gatherings. Weather permitting – outdoor meetings are encouraged.
- We request that all events and meetings (outdoor, indoor, virtual) are added to the
church calendar. Please contact Mary Fino in the church office to do so.
- Weddings, funerals, and memorial services are permitted with a maximum of 50 people in attendance. Family only attendance is encouraged. Each service will be handled
individually by the pastoral staff.
- Parent’s Day Out (PDO) is taking place in the CE Wing. Our PDO director, Coleen
Anzalone is working closely with the Covid Task Force and the PDO board to follow all
state and local guidelines.
- We will continue to provide our weekly service to Journey’s and will continue to look for other service opportunities to benefit the community.
- The building will remain locked and key cards are disabled. If you wish to come into the church building, please call ahead and schedule your visit. Enter using Door 9 (the door near the receptionist) and stop at the check-in station. Please sign-in, use hand
sanitizer, and take your temperature.
- Face coverings (masks) are require at all times when in the building.
We are thankful for the many ways that our church family has come together during this time, and we look forward to continuing to connect in many creative ways. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please send an email to email@example.com.
We hold each of you in the hope and love that our faith gives us until we are in-person again.