First Presbyterian Church of Arlington Heights has been a source of spiritual development and strength for thousands of people over the years. Founded in 1855, when the pioneer town was known as Dunton, the church started with two dozen members. Membership has gone up and down over the years, and is currently at approximately 1,100 active members, with a weekly worship attendance of 550 to 600.
The church building itself began with the original white frame building completed in 1856. A replacement brick structure, now the chapel, was dedicated on the same site in 1912. The sanctuary was dedicated in 1953, followed by the Christian education building in 1961. The parish center was built in 1995, and added a parlor, library, music practice space, offices, and a welcoming foyer.
First Pres is known for rich and varied worship experiences; excellent Christian education programs for all ages; a dynamic music program that includes an annual concert series; and extensive mission outreach and community service. The First Pres family of faith welcomes all people to join in these activities for building relationships, growing in faith, and serving all people, regardless of their faith tradition or family origin. As we look to the future, we anticipate touching many more lives with the love of Jesus, just as we know that all things are possible with God.