The church’s access card system makes the church more secure, yet provides members with better access to the building for activities through coded key cards. This page will give you an overview to help you understand the system. Many members will not need an access card at all. Since they do carry a cost and risk, it's best to minimize how many we hand out.
Do you need a card?
The answer is “no” if:
- You typically just attend worship services, Family Night activities, concerts, or other broadly attended events. Aside from a couple doors around the childcare areas, church doors will be unlocked for major events.
- If you come to the church on weekdays during office hours. Just enter by the Reception Desk at Door 9 (see map) to get a Visitor Badge and gain access.
The answer is “yes” if:
- You attend activities or meetings not listed above. Church members needing evening access for meetings and other user groups can get key cards coded for your access needs. Details about access times and doors will be provided with your card.
Good Things to Know
- Cards do not disable the security alarm. The alarm is set after meetings end weekdays and most Saturdays. Overnight/holiday access is restricted to those with codes to disarm the system.
- If you lose or misplace your key card, contact the Facilities team right away.
- If your access needs change, contact Facilities staff to modify your access rights.
- If you do not have a card, but wish to attend an evening event be sure you have a cell phone number of another participant handy – just to be safe.
- To protect our children, we restrict access to the CE wing. Only parents of current church youth have access to exterior doors to the CE Wing (Doors 5 and 6).
- If you have limited mobility issues, a card can be set up for access to doors that are easier for you to enter the church.
For questions about cards contact the team at .